Monday, May 11, 2009

SUCCESS!!

So, it's been awhile. Last week I was suffering from a cold/flu (not swine flu) and did nothing even resembling exercise. I was happy just to make it to work. But, by Saturday my cold was gone and I was back on the case. I ran all of my local errands on foot. Very proud of that! And on Sunday, I went for a nice walk with my fiance. But today, my friends, accomplishments were made! I had...my perfect morning! Yes, I've been striving for it for weeks and I finally got up and did everything I wanted to do. I was up at 5:45, I walked the dog, did laundry, and most importantly, I got in a great workout and my glutes are on fire!! Seriously, it took me like three minutes to sit down and use the bathroom!

The food choices have been pretty good as well. On Saturday, I had wonderful and healthy roasted portabella sandwich with mozarella and red peppers, sooo delish! Today, I made burritos with mexican rice, black beans, cilantro turkey sausage, and low-fat cheese all wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with fresh limes for extra flavor.

Today was a special day. I actually had more energy when I got home from work. I'm ready to do it all over again in the morning. Let's keep it up. Oh, I forgot to mention that I had a fabulous massage last Tuesday. I'm pretty sure these beauty rituals will be my favorite aspect of preparing myself for the wedding evets. The mint water, the new age music, the hushed voices, I LOVE the spa! Plus, it was a special part of special deal offered on Tuesdays: a 30 minute massage or facial, use of the sauna and steam room, plus comfy robes and hot tea!

*My butt still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment